- RT @MattSmethurst: “Jesus Christ knows the worst about you. Nonetheless, he is the one who loves you most.” A. W. Tozer (HT: @jr_briggs) 17 hours ago
- RT @RELEVANT: Kick off your summer reading plan right with this video of the world's longest book domino chain. ow.ly/1XANFK 1 day ago
- Satan wants the destruction of marriage. I think @challies is dead on with this: challies.com/articles/satis… 1 day ago
- RT @JonAcuff: For 20 years I asked fear if I could write a book. The answer was always "no." Four books later, it turns out fear is a liar. 1 day ago
- Drafting a couple new pages for the site. A brief bio and a recommended reading page. 4 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
TagsBible book review Books carol chris rosebrough Christ Christian christianity Christian Post Christmas Christmas music christmas songs Church contemplative prayer Discernment evangelism faith Fighting for the Faith God gospel hearing from God Heresy Holy Spirit hymn Jesus Jesus christ liberty university Lord music mysticism New Age podcast religion Religion and Spirituality Rick Warren Rob Bell salvation Scripture sin Sola Scriptura spiritual formation spirituality Stand Up for the Truth theology truth
Category Archives: Entertainment
I’m a music lover. I listen to music all the time and I like a wide variety of music including country. I’ve always loved songs that tell a story, which I think is part of the reason I like country.
I finally got to see Les Miserables this weekend. It’s such a heartwrenching tale with themes of law, grace, love, sacrifice, injustice and mercy. I had avoided reading anything about the latest film version of Victor Hugo’s novel, which is … Continue reading
There’s been a hashtag game going around on Twitter called #checkyourjesus and it would be fitting to tell The History Channel and the creators of “The Bible” miniseries to check theirs. Last night’s episode introduced Jesus and as someone who … Continue reading
Chris Rosebrough (@PirateChristian) has another podcast critical of History Channel’s miniseries “The Bible.” This episode points out the missing “redemptive history” of the Old Testament (hello? What happened to the entire sacrificial system/tabernacle/day of atonement?) and much, much more. I … Continue reading
This weekend I finally watched Machine Gun Preacher, about Sam Childers‘ transformation from being shotgunner for a drug dealer and drug user to preacher and rescuer of African children. Certainly his is a compelling and unusual story, but unfortunately, the … Continue reading
Have you heard what Phil Vischer, co-creator of Veggie Tales™ said about the popular videos? He admitted that the videos taught kids to behave, but without actually teaching Christianity. In fact, they were teaching moralism not Christianity.