- Been having a rough go of things, but admiring God's creation is always uplifting. So yesterday I strolled a nearby… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- I appreciated this post yesterday from one of the bloggers I follow. We don't always agree, but this reminder was... fb.me/6XubBMFoQ 3 days ago
- RT @RevKevDeYoung: God has given us the conscience to help us and direct us. We ignore it to our peril. 4 days ago
- Thanks for this reminder, Tim! Really good points. twitter.com/tim_fall/statu… 4 days ago
- Thanks for two great concerts in DC this weekend!! It was a pleasure to hear you @leslieodomjr and your band (and wife!). Come back again 6 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Andy Stanley apologetics audio Bible Bible Study Books chris rosebrough Christ Christian christianity Christian music Christmas Christmas music Church Discernment doctrine Easter epistle evangelism faith false teaching Fighting for the Faith forgiveness God gospel Gospel of John grace Grace to You hearing from God Heresy history holiness Holy Spirit hope hymn islam Jesus Jesus Calling Jesus christ John MacArthur journalism justification kevin deyoung law Lord love Marriage music mysticism New Age persecution podcast Prayer preaching Psalm redemption religion Religion and Spirituality resurrection Rick Warren Righteousness Romans salvation Scripture sermon sin Sola Scriptura Stand Up for the Truth suffering teaching theology truth video World Magazine worship
Tag Archives: law
We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order … Continue reading
Sudan remains one of the most difficult places in the world to be a Christian. Once again, two pastors face prosecution there on false charges.
I recently reread the book of Galatians, which emphasizes again and again that salvation in Jesus Christ is found through faith and specifically states “a person is not justified by the works of the law …”
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what … Continue reading
From Michael Horton’s book, Christless Christianity: “Like Peter, our Christian life is a roller coaster of faithfulness and unfaithfulness. Since we always drift back to self-confident triumphalism (remember Peter’s protest, ‘I will never deny you!’ just before he did), we need … Continue reading
Taken from his book, Christless Christianity:
On the persecution beat, positive stories are rare. I was happy to get to write this one about an Irish pastor’s acquittal.